Sunday, March 29, 2009

The National Flag of Taiwan


Each country has difference flag. Before I describe the flag, I have to explain something about Taiwan’s flag. Since Taiwan has flag, it changed twice. First time is on October, 23rd, 1954. The last time is on May, 1978. So now let me describe the color of shape of Taiwan’s flag, it has 3color such as blue, white and red. There are 12 white triangles which are around a white circle on the blue background. Every colors and shapes symbolize difference meanings. The blue represents freedom, the white emblems peace and the red symbolize philanthropy. The twelve triangles symbolizes that one year has twelve months and also represents that life of nation and people who live in Taiwan keep pace with the times. Actually, I don’t like the shape of Taiwan’s flag, but I like the meaning which can encourage me to study hard. However what is the meaning of Taiwan's flag, I still love Taiwan because I am Taiwanese.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I like that you said the Taiwanese people are keeping up with the "times". That's good. I like this flag, you should be proud of it!